3D-Gene™ Competition Award for miRNA Microarray Analysis 2012
1. Project issue
- "3D-Gene™ Competition Award" is donated to encourage,
- further progress and achievement of scientists using the DNA microarray technology in their miRNA research.
- publishing papers with superior quality in the analyses using DNA microarray.
- Researchers who have the study plans of the comprehensive miRNA expression analyses.
- Applicants do not need to be subjected to any age and affiliation limitation.
- Applicants are required to fall under the following categories:
- Agree to provide a publication/congress plan for dissemination of study results
- Winning applicants will be required to enter into Toray Industries, Inc.’s standard form Investigator-Initiated Study Agreement prior to start of analyses.
- Winning applicants should disclose the support of "3D-Gene™ Competition Award" on their publication/congress plan.
- BE SURE! Award winners are strictly requested to send their samples to trustees by the end of January 2013.
3. Fields of Interest
- Study including gene expression analysis for miRNA in tissues, cells, plasma, serum or FFPE samples.
- Study which will take advantage of the feature of 3D-Gene™.
- Every study plan should be under the code of ethical conduct of the affiliation that applicants belong.
4. Application method
The applications will be accepted on-line since 22nd. October.
Thank you for your patience.
- Applicants are required to access the web site of 3D-Gene™ and receive the application form. Please complete the downloaded application form. Download here
- The filled application form will be received by web system.
In case of any questions or clarification, please contact us by clicking “Contact Us” shown in 11.
5. Closing date for application
23rd . Nov. 2012
6. Number of the award winners
5 at maximum (See the winners.)
- DNA microarray analyses with 3D-Gene™ matched to each winner's research plan.
- Research grant $2,000 for each winner
The award winner will send their samples to the trustee for the analysis. The whole microarray analysis will be done by the trustee in Japan (Basic data analysis is included). Application for consulting about preceding data analyses by the winner will be welcomed.
(This award is not for commercial service.)
The application will be carefully evaluated by the Board of Trustees in Toray Industries, Inc.
The result of the selection will be informed to the applicants directly and available on the web site of 3D-Gene™. The result will be also shown on the web site of 3D-Gene™.
9. Additional clause
This rule may be altered by the Board of Trustees.
- Applicant information will be managed in an appropriate manner by Toray Industries, Inc.
- Names and affiliations of Award winners will appear on the web site of 3D-Gene™ after notice to them.
11. Applications and inquires to:
Toray Industries, Inc.
244-8555 6-chome, 10-1, Tebiro, Kamakura, Kanagawa, Japan
3D-Gene™ miRNA competition award 2012 has been closed.
Thank you for your applications.
The trustee of this award is Toray Industries, Inc.